Purpose and objective
The HETS Learning Technologies Leadership Academy (H-LTLA) is a professional development program focused on developing the next generation of leaders to serve at HSIs to promote and facilitate the adoption of teaching and learning technologies. The H-LTLA will be an online program that enhances the skills and knowledge of professionals at mid-point in their careers as they contemplate future roles as college, university or school administrators in leading positions. Moreover, will have a special emphasis on the challenges and opportunities present at Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs). Click here to download the H-LTLA brochure.
Who: Professionals whose job is to promote and facilitate the adoption of teaching and learning technologies
What: Synchronous presentations (3 hours each) coordinated by leaders of the higher education community to a group of participants selected by an evaluation committee.
When: There will be four days of two daily synchronous presentations: one in the morning and one in the afternoon of three hours each, taking into account the location (time zone) of the participants. The itinerary will be shared once the participants are selected.
How: Synchronous online conferences with expert resources, with versions in Spanish, English or both.
Where: Online synchronous conferences at Bb Collaborate.
Cost: The registration fee for HETS Members is $599; for non-members $649, which includes a one-year membership (valued at $100); or $799 without the membership. The fee includes all materials, and upon successful completion of all requirements, you will also receive a 24-hour contact continuing education certificate and a digital badge. Visit the H-LTLA fees page for more information on billing and additional offerings available.
Program Format and Content
Attendees will gain knowledge and skills through synchronous presentations coordinated by leaders in the higher education community. The curriculum will be in English or Spanish and consists of:
- Synchronous presentations of eight different topics (Academic Technology, Online Learning, Instructional/ Curriculum Design, Teaching and Learning, Project Management, Accreditation, Professional Development, and Data for Digital Learning) designed to provide competencies to prepare professionals to support their institutions and transform their organizations to be more resilient, flexible, and relevant as they face an array of increasingly difficult challenges.
- Opportunity to network with the participants selected working to promote and facilitate the adoption of teaching and learning technologies, and the program faculty, who will help fill the gaps in the participant’s expertise and experience.
The competencies or skills expected to develop after completing the H-LTLA curriculum:
- Team Building and work towards common goals.
- Flexibility and capability to retrace and reorganize when necessary.
- Decision Making with consideration and attention to people and context.
- Budgetary and General management skills.
- Inclusion and organizational culture building.
Participants, drawn from all divisions of the institution, schools, or related organizations, will be selected each year for the Academy (limited spaces). Eligibility is open to individuals whose job is to promote and facilitate the adoption of teaching and learning technologies.
The application for the June 2023 Edition is closed.
To learn more about the HETS Learning Technologies Leadership Academy (H-LTLA), watch below the recording of the H-LTLA Virtual Launch: