About the H-LTLA | Application Process and Dateline | Eligibility | Evaluation Committee & Selection Process |Curriculum | Faculty |Fees & Invoicing | Info Session
Purpose and objective
The HETS Learning Technologies Leadership Academy (H-LTLA) is a professional development program focused on developing the next generation of leaders to serve at HSIs to promote and facilitate the adoption of teaching and learning technologies. This first edition of the H-LTLA will be an online program that enhances the skills and knowledge of professionals at mid-point in their careers as they contemplate future roles as college, university or school administrators in leading positions. Moreover, will have a special emphasis on the challenges and opportunities present at Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs). Click here to download the H-LTLA brochure.
Who: Professionals whose job is to promote and facilitate the adoption of teaching and learning technologies
What: Synchronous presentations coordinated by leaders in the higher education community to a group of participants selected by an evaluation committee
When: For four days, there will be two daily synchronous presentations: one in the morning and one in the afternoon, of three hours each. Schedule will be determined taking into account the geographical location and time zone of the participants (final itinerary will be shared once all participants are selected).
How: Online synchronous conferences with expert resources, with tracks in Spanish or English or both tracks
Where: Online synchronous conferences at Bb Collaborate
Cost: Registration fee for HETS Members is $599; non-members $649, which includes a one-year membership (valued at $100); or $799 without the membership. Fees include all materials and, after successfully completing all requirements, participants will also receive a 24-contact hours continuing education certificate and a digital badge. Go to H-LTLA Fees page to learn more about invoicing and additional savings available.
Program Format and Content
Attendees will gain knowledge and skills through synchronous presentations coordinated by leaders in the higher education community. The curriculum will be in English or Spanish and consists of:
- Synchronous presentations of eight different topics (Academic Technology, Online Learning, Instructional/ Curriculum Design, Teaching and Learning, Project Management, Accreditation, Professional Development, and Data for Digital Learning) designed to provide competencies to prepare professionals to support their institutions and transform their organizations to be more resilient, flexible, and relevant as they face an array of increasingly difficult challenges.
- Opportunity to network with the participants selected working to promote and facilitate the adoption of teaching and learning technologies, and the program faculty, who will help fill the gaps in the participant’s expertise and experience.
The competencies or skills expected to develop after completing the H-LTLA curriculum:
- Team Building and work towards common goals.
- Flexibility and capability to retrace and reorganize when necessary.
- Decision Making with consideration and attention to people and context.
- Budgetary and General management skills.
- Inclusion and organizational culture building.
Participants, drawn from all divisions of the institution, schools, or related organizations, will be selected each year for the Academy (limited spaces). Eligibility is open to individuals whose job is to promote and facilitate the adoption of teaching and learning technologies.
Click here to apply
Applications for the 2023 will be now open.
To learn more about the HETS Learning Technologies Leadership Academy (H-LTLA), watch below the recording of the H-LTLA Virtual Launch: