Welcome to HETS.org
- Save the Date! HETS Best Practices Showcase, January 16 and 17, 2020! We are pleased to announce that the 2020 HETS Best Practices Showcase, Celebrating Innovation to Promote Hispanic Student Success in Higher Education, will take place at the Inter American University Law School during January 16 and 17 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The Conference Program will be published next week at: https://hets.org/hets-best-practices-showcase-2020/2020-best-practices-showcase-schedule/. In addition, the online registration for the event will be also available soon at: https://hets.org/hets-best-practices-showcase-2020/2020-best-practices-showcase-registration/. Our goal is to have representation from most HETS Member Institutions, and Hispanic Serving Institutions at this event. Please save these dates to attend this special gathering! If you need more information do not hesitate to contact the HETS office at (787) 250-1912 exts. 2373, 2372; 787-616-3201 or via e-mail: email@example.com.Thank you for your support to HETS and ...
- In a special collaboration with HACU, the Volume X of the HETS Online Journal has been published We are delighted to highlight the publication of the Fall Issue, Volume X, of the HETS Online Journal. This is a peer review journal that started on year 2010, with issues published every semester. The HETS journal addresses relevant topics impacting technology and Hispanic Students, including student retention and assessment, and the very important topic of student access. As our Chair, Dr. Carlos Vargas-Aburto said on his message: “the Fall 2019 issue is a special collaborative effort between HETS and the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU). This collaborative issue highlights the organizations’ shared mission: to facilitate the success of Hispanic students in higher education.” As a result of this strategic collaboration and team effort, we appreciate Dr, Antonio Flores, president & CEO ...
- Por sexto año consecutivo, se celebra el HETS Student Leadership Showcase con casa llena. Más de 740 estudiantes llenaron el Teatro para participar de la 6ta edición del HETS Student Leadership Showcase el viernes, 13 de septiembre de 2019 en el Recinto Metropolitano de la Universidad Interamericana en Cupey. Como en eventos anteriores, tuvimos estudiantes de las instituciones afiliadas en Puerto Rico: American University, Atenas College, Universidad Carlos Albizu, Colegio Universitario de San Juan, EDP University, National University College, ICPR Junior College, Universidad Central ...
- HETS Board Members visited the west coast for the first time to celebrate their meeting which closes academic year 2018-2019. For the first time, the HETS summer Board of Directors meeting was held June 20 and 21, 2019 in San Marcos, CA, hosted by California State University, San Marcos. This Board meeting ends academic year 2018-2019, an intense year for the organization and its members, presenting second year results of the Strategic Plan executed successfully in its second year. The strategic plan framework corresponding to years 2017-2020 is an extension of previous ...
- HACU and HETS to partner on special edition online journal focused on Hispanic-Serving Institutions. The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities and HETS have announced their collaboration on a special edition of an online journal focused on Hispanic-Serving Institutions. The organizations shared missions to facilitate the success of Hispanic students in higher education will be highlighted through this collaboration. Manuel J. Fernós, president of Inter American University of Puerto Rico spoke about the partnership during HACU’s 13th International Conference on May 2, 2019, in San ...
- Experience our new service: Student Passport at hets.org Thanks to the collaboration of HETS member institutions, we invite you to experience our new service: Student Passport. A special space has been dedicated on the hets.org website, that showcases a profile summary of HETS member institutions per states. The main objective of this section, is to provide useful information and guidance to students interested in finding a new academic destiny among our member institutions. The Student Passport page will ...
HETS Best Practices Showcase 2020January 16 and 17, 2020
The HETS 2020 Best Practices Showcase will take place on January 16 and 17, 2020Read More
Where: Universidad Interamericana de PR, Facultad de Derecho (IAUPR, Law School)
San Juan, Puerto Rico. For details visit the Conference page.
HETS Academic FairJanuary 16, 2020
Where: Universidad Interamericana de PR, Facultad de Derecho (IAUPR, Law School) San Juan, Puerto RicoRead More
Time: 4:30 – 7:30 pm
HETS Board of Directors MeetingJanuary 16 and 17, 2020
BY INVITATION ONLY (Closed meeting)Read More
The HETS Board Meeting will be concurrent with the 2020 Best Practices Showcase
Universidad Interamericana de PR, Facultad de Derecho (IAUPR, Law School)
San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Taller presencial: Estudio de casos, Aprendizaje basado en problemas, Aprendizaje basado en proyectos y Aprendizaje cooperativoFecha: TBA (enero a mayo 2020)
Recurso: Prof. Antonio Delgado PérezRead More
Lugar: Universidad Interamericana de PR, Oficina Central del Sistema
(Salones Multiusos, Primer piso)
- Employment Opportunities at Framingham State University. Want to be part of the US Nation 1st Public Normal School Founded in 1839? Framingham State University is a place where inquisitive, career-focused students thrive. New ideas and discoveries are a daily occurrence on campus. FSU in Massachusetts offers 35 bachelor’s degrees with 80 concentrations 70 minors, 24 master degree programs and they are looking for people like you! Click here to learn more and apply for Career Opportunities at ...
- Job Opening: Project Manager (Brooklyn, NY). A growing General Contractor Company in Brooklyn, NY is in search of an energetic and ambitious Project Manager to help keep up with the growing demand of work, and together we can propel our company to new heights. The new PM will be required to provide reliable, timely, and professional construction administration services including cost and schedule management. The successful candidate will have an understanding of construction in Government and Private ...
- American University: Activity Director / Curriculum Specialist – Title V Project Activity Director / Curriculum Specialist – Title V Project Full-time Position I. Summary The incumbent of this position is responsible for coordinating and implementing the ordinary activities of the Title V Project; including, but not limited to, supervising staff and leading all curriculum development efforts to ensure that each revised course meets all internal and external approval requirements. II. Essential Functions Leads staff assuring timely completion of objectives and implementation of strategies. Directs and coordinate ...
- Member’s Jobs and Internships As part of HETS services to our member institutions and partners, we have create this space to showcase job opportunities and internships available. To post your information, just send the content to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send periodical emails to our databases with more than 10,000 contacts to inform about those opportunities. If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to contact us anytime. We are looking forward to continue ...