Update on HETS services offered due to COVID-19
Following the guidelines of the HETS Treasurer and President of the Inter American University of Puerto Rico (our host institution), Manuel J. Fernós, Esq., since March 16 we have been working remote to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and support the academic community in this new scenario. Consequently, HETS staff were totally committed to continue offering our services that includes the following (click on the links to learn more):
- A total of 23 tutorials in Spanish and English were recorded with HETS Ambassadors students and published to promote services free of charge at the Student Placita in the HETS Virtual Plaza.
- Two Student Leadership Showcase Tour Online were held on May 1 and 8, 2020 trough Zoom to more than 500 students to reinforce their leadership skills and promote HETS services and tools totally free of charge for them.
- A total of 10 webinars in Spanish and 4 webinars in English regarding Distance Learning were offered to more than 4,000 participants to support faculty and administrators on this new modality.
- The Spring Issue, Volume X of the HETS Online Journal was published with nine (9) articles that offer insights and suggestions that are pertinent to our current environment.
- Coordinated interviews with our Corporate Partners like: Inter Staff, Inc., Blackboard, COBIMET to strengthen our collaboration and promote their benefits and services.
Again, we invite you to click on the links to benefit from these services and help us promote it among your colleagues, students and anyone you estimate pertinent. If you need any additional information, send us an email to email@example.com or calling to the Executive Director’s cellular phone (787) 616-3201. In addition, you can follow us our social media, like Twitter, Facebook & Instagram for the latest news regarding HETS. Hope we can get back soon to serve you as usual! But now, our main interest is for all our constituencies and general community to be safe.