2020 Best Practices Showcase- Call for Proposals and online submission
Home | Call for Proposals and online submission | Schedule | Showcase Tracks | Registration | HETS Board Meeting |Academic Fair | Lodging/Hotel Reservations | Sponsors | Previous Best Practices Showcases
Celebrating Innovation in Access, Retention and Online Learning and Technology Integration to Promote Hispanic Student Success in Higher Education
Click here to download 2020 BPS Call for Proposals document
Process to submit your proposal
Submit online your proposal on the following form:
The Evaluation Committee will evaluate submitted projects based on the following criteria. Each area will be rated on a scale from 1 to 7 (1= non-satisfactory; 7 =outstanding), for a maximum of 63 points.
- Level of innovation
- Meaningful use of technology – demonstrates not only how technologies were put in place but also how effectively those technologies were to achieving the goals in performance in online or traditional environments
- Demonstrated benefit to overall student success and institutional effectiveness
- Contribution to decision-making and improvement processes
- Usefulness and cost-effectiveness
- Use of specific examples, evidence, or indicators to demonstrate success or potential success
- Quality of the proposal
- Hispanic focus
- Lessons learned or expected (in case it is a project proposal)
Make sure to take into account the evaluation criteria mentioned above when writing your proposal. Presentations of up to three presenters will be considered. Allotted time for presentations will be of 45 minutes for presentation and 15 minutes for participants’ questions. The deadline to submit your proposal is November 15, 2019, and the expected date to notify the status, including the day and time of your presentation, is November 27, 2019.
Evaluation Committee members are selected from HETS Member Institutions, based on their expertise with the nominated track to validate their peers’ proposals.