Welcome to HETS.org
- HETS 2019 Virtual Best Practices Showcase’s new deadline to submit Proposals is December 3rd, 2018. HETS its pleased to announce that the deadline to submit online proposals for the 2019 Virtual Best Practices Showcase has been extended until December 3rd! To submit online use the form provided at 2019 VBPS online submission. As you will find in the Call for Proposals document (click here to download the document), the 2019 Virtual Best Practices Showcase will focus on three main tracks: Access Retention, and Online Learning and Technology Integration The Virtual Best Practices Showcase will be held from February 7 to 15, 2019. The main purpose of this event is to highlight and celebrate the outstanding work of our member institutions in meaningfully and strategically using technology to achieve Hispanic student success. The event will be free ...
- Casa llena durante la celebración del 5to Aniversario del HETS Student Leadership Showcase. Más de 700 estudiantes participaron del 5to Aniversario del HETS Student Leadership Showcase el pasado viernes, 14 de septiembre de 2018 en el Teatro del Recinto Metropolitano de la Universidad Interamericana en Cupey. En esta edición, tuvimos casa llena con estudiantes de las instituciones afiliadas en Puerto Rico: American University, Atenas College, Universidad Carlos Albizu, Colegio Universitario de San Juan, EDP University, National University College, ICPR Junior College, Universidad Central del Caribe, Universidad de Puerto Rico, Universidad Politécnica, los anfitriones la Universidad Interamericana de PR además de instituciones invitadas como la Universidad Central de Bayamón, Atlantic University y la Pontificia Universidad Católica de PR. Con una agenda muy variada, el evento comenzó cuando el animador y miembro del Comité Asesor de ...
- HETS Board of Directors appoints first members of its Advisory Committee. During its Summer Board Meeting, HETS officers unanimously approved the inception of a HETS Advisory Committee. The members of this Advisory Committee are nominated as a recognition of their proven support to HETS as a former Board member and Officer. The eligibility to be appointed for the Advisory Board, was based on the period they have served with distinction for five or more years in the Board of Directors. The ...
- HETS Executive Committee elected during the 2018 summer Board Meeting in New York. HETS Executive Committee elections were held during the annual summer Board Meeting celebrated at Bronx Community College, NY on July 13, 2018. President of Southeast Missouri State University, Dr. Carlos Vargas-Aburto, was reelected as HETS Chair. Collaborating with Dr. Vargas-Aburto, Dr. Carlos Morales, President of TCC Connect at Tarrant County College in Texas, was elected as new Vice Chair. Board Members agreed to reelect: Mr. Manuel J. Fernós, President of the ...
- HETS closes year 2017-2018 with Board Meeting in NYC, while starting the celebrations of its 25th Anniversary. The HETS summer Board of Directors meeting, and its 25th Anniversary celebration, were held July 12 and 13, 2018 in Bronx, NY, hosted by Bronx Community College of the City University of New York (CUNY). This Board meeting ends academic year 2017-2018, an intense year for the organization and its members, as it embarked on the implementation of recently Strategic Plan approved and presenting first year results on this meeting. The ...
- Dr. Antonio Pérez: A Recognition to a One of a Kind Board Member. HETS celebrated it’s summer Board of Directors meeting closing academic year 2017-18, and starting the celebration of its 25th anniversary on July 12 and 13, 2018 in Bronx, NY. This was an excellent opportunity to surprise Dr. Antonio Pérez, President of Borough of Manhattan Community College, on his last participation on this meeting as one of our Board Members since 1999. He also was invited to give the main speech ...
HETS Board of Directors MeetingFebruary 7-8, 2019
Universidad Ana G. Méndez, in Gurabo PR
(By invitation only)
Opening Session: 2019 Virtual Best Practices ShowcaseFebruary 7, 2019
Live Transmission from the Universidad Ana G. Méndez, in Gurabo.Read More
1:30 – 3:00 PM (AST/Puerto Rico)
2:30 – 4:00 PM (EST)
HETS Virtual Best Practices ShowcaseFebruary 7-15, 2019
Virtual (Online) ConferenceRead More
Taller en Línea: Aplicaciones Educativas de la Web 2.011 de febrero al 8 de marzo de 2019
Recurso: Dr. Antonio Vantaggiato, USCRead More
Taller Presencial: Assessment de Programas y Cursos en Línea22 de febrero de 2019
Recursos: Dr. Juan “Tito” Meléndez Alicea y Dra. Iveth Gutiérrez, UPRRead More
Hora: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Taller en Línea: Mejores Prácticas para la Retención en Línea18 de marzo - 12 de abril de 2019
Recurso: Dra. Ana Milena Lucumi, NUCRead More
Plataforma: Blackboard 9.1
Taller Presencial: Nuevos Medios Digitales22 de marzo de 2019
Recurso: Dr. Antonio Vantaggiato, USCRead More
Hora:9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Taller en Línea: Mejores Prácticas en Trabajos Colaborativos en el Aprendizaje en Línea: Foros de Discusión y Trabajos en Equipos VirtualesFecha: TBA
Recurso: Dr. Antonio De las Casas, UIPRRead More
Plataforma: Blackboard 9.1
- Employment Opportunities at Framingham State University. Want to be part of the US Nation 1st Public Normal School Founded in 1839? Framingham State University is a place where inquisitive, career-focused students thrive. New ideas and discoveries are a daily occurrence on campus. FSU in Massachusetts offers 35 bachelor’s degrees with 80 concentrations 70 minors, 24 master degree programs and they are looking for people like you! Click here to learn more and apply for Career Opportunities at ...
- Job Opening: Project Manager (Brooklyn, NY). A growing General Contractor Company in Brooklyn, NY is in search of an energetic and ambitious Project Manager to help keep up with the growing demand of work, and together we can propel our company to new heights. The new PM will be required to provide reliable, timely, and professional construction administration services including cost and schedule management. The successful candidate will have an understanding of construction in Government and Private ...
- American University: Activity Director / Curriculum Specialist – Title V Project Activity Director / Curriculum Specialist – Title V Project Full-time Position I. Summary The incumbent of this position is responsible for coordinating and implementing the ordinary activities of the Title V Project; including, but not limited to, supervising staff and leading all curriculum development efforts to ensure that each revised course meets all internal and external approval requirements. II. Essential Functions Leads staff assuring timely completion of objectives and implementation of strategies. Directs and coordinate ...
- Member’s Jobs and Internships As part of HETS services to our member institutions and partners, we have create this space to showcase job opportunities and internships available. To post your information, just send the content to email@example.com. We will send periodical emails to our databases with more than 10,000 contacts to inform about those opportunities. If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to contact us anytime. We are looking forward to continue ...