English Edition: Student Leadership Development through Global Learning Opportunities
Virtual event (through Zoom)
We were delighted to have over 150 participants from institutions in the US, Puerto Rico, and Latin America in the HETS Student Leadership Showcase Tour: Student Leadership Development through Global Learning Opportunities. This online event free of charge took place through Zoom on April 22, 2022 at 2:00 pm (EST/PR time). The main purpose of this event is sharing experiences of successful students and professionals, and promote the free of charge access to the HETS student online support services. These services includes: information about scholarships, internships, technological tools, innovative projects, sharing experiences of successful students and professionals, and much more!
- Topic: Student Leadership Development through Global Learning Opportunities
- Speaker: Dr. Martha Jo Asselin, University at Albany & Dr. Dominik Hammer, Munich University
- Brief description: There is great value in creating an inclusive and respectful environment that challenges students to become positive agents of social change in the 21st century. This presentation will share Global Learning opportunities to develop student leadership and heightened awareness about cultural intelligence, the value of diverse perspectives, and promote international communication skills for strengthening teamwork, partnerships, and collaboration. Also, it will share an example of how a global learning opportunity presented itself through an online global classroom that connected the University at Albany (New York, USA) with Munich University of Applied Sciences (Munich, Germany).
- Date: Friday, April 22, 2022
- Time: 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm (EST/Puerto Rico Time)
- Place: Via Zoom