Call for Proposals
Virtual HETS Best Practices Showcase 2015
Celebrating Innovation in Access, Retention and Assessment in Distance Learning
Education to Promote Hispanic Student Success in Higher Education
To learn more about the showcase presentations visit the Schedule page of this section.
To learn more about the topics of the Conference go to: Showcase Tracks
Process to submit your proposal has been closed, thanks for your interest.
1. Submit online a short proposal (no more than five pages long) using the form at the bottom of this page on or before October 17, 2014. Make sure to take into account the evaluation criteria mentioned below when writing your proposal.
The Evaluation Committee will evaluate submitted projects on the basis of the following criteria. Each area will be rated on a scale from 1 to 7 (1= non-satisfactory; 7 =outstanding), for a maximum of 63 points.
- Level of innovation
- Meaningful use of technology – demonstrates not only how technologies were put in place but also how effectively those technologies were to achieving the goals in online environments
- Demonstrated benefit to overall student success and institutional effectiveness in Distance Learning
- Contribution to decision-making and improvement processes in Distance Learning
- Usefulness and cost-effectiveness
- Use of specific examples, evidence, or indicators to demonstrate success
- Quality of the proposal
- Hispanic focus
- Lessons learned
2. The deadline to submit your proposal is October 17, 2014, and the expected date to notify the status of your proposal is November 17, 2014. Presentations of up to two presenters will be considered. Allotted time for live presentation will be of 30 minutes for presentation and 15 minutes for participants’ questions. Allotted time for uploaded / asynchronous presentations will be up to 30 minutes and participants’ questions will be submitted online and sent by email to be replied.
Live online presentations:
The highest scored three presentations (one per track) will be presenting live upon speakers’ availability. Presentations will be recorded to have them accessible to all participants after the session. Presenter is responsible of technical requirements and to coordinate tests prior the presentation to guarantee the connection to HETS platform. These presentations will be selected based on the evaluations score. Presentations of up to two presenters will be considered. Allotted time for live presentation will be of 30 minutes for presentation and 15 minutes for participants’ questions.
Selected additional scored presentations besides the top three will be uploaded as asynchronous sessions at the Virtual Best Practices site from the opening date of the Conference. Presenter is responsible of recording a video in the format required to upload it by December 12, 2014 with a related Power Point presentation. The video will be up to 30 minutes long. All participants’ questions should be replied in a period of 48 hours, after posted. Presenters will have access to the system where presentations are uploaded to read questions and be able to answer them for the benefit of all participants. Participants will have the option of watching the presentation online or download it as a podcast. Presentations of up to two presenters will be considered. Allotted time for uploaded / asynchronous presentations will be up to 30 minutes and participants’ questions will be submitted online and sent by email to be replied.
The Evaluation Committee is designated by the Presidents of HETS Member Institutions based on their expertise and experience on the nominated track to validate their peers proposals.