Job Opening: Project Manager (Brooklyn, NY).
A growing General Contractor Company in Brooklyn, NY is in search of an energetic and ambitious Project Manager to help keep up with the growing demand of work, and together we can propel our company to new heights. The new PM will be required to provide reliable, timely, and professional construction administration services including cost and schedule management.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of construction in Government and Private Construction projects, will require judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload in a fast pace environment.
The Project Manager is responsible for the management of the Project, negotiating financial disputes and change orders with Owners, producing project schedules, coordinating subcontractors and field labor, liaison with owners, coordination of material procurement and delivery, project cost reports and effectively providing documentation of changes that may affect completion or revenues.
– Manage multiple projects at various construction stages and assist with multiple assignments. Review scope and create schedule for assigned projects. Update tracking reports and maintain files for due diligence and financials.
– Manage all negotiations with the GC and consultants, negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractor. Prepare contracts and Coordinate subcontractor activities.
– Effectively prepare and communicate, in proper written form, competitive job estimates by interpreting drawings, bid documents, performing take-offs for labor, equipment and materials. Follow the assigned bid schedule and respond to customer request for bids while following all estimating and bidding practices established by the company.
– Measure project performance and schedule against base plan for potential cost escalations. Maintain accurate and consistent electronic files and documentation.
– Participate and contribute to pre-construction meetings with Architectural and Engineers firms
The right candidate must posses:
– Strong verbal and written communication skills – at all levels. Bilingual: English — Spanish
– Capacity to prioritize and meet deadlines
– Proven experience in resolving project management issues
– Computer literacy, experience with Microsoft Office and adaptable to various databases
– The knack to establish and maintain strong professional relationships
– 2 Strong references from previous construction/real estate employers
– Minimum 3 years of experience in construction projects and/or Bachelor’s Degree in construction related fields
Formed in 2010 our company is a New York based Corporation that develops projects in all types of private and public renovation projects including roofing, electrical, plumbing, masonry.
Our company prides itself on its exemplary service and quality, delivering a superior product every time. We achieve the expectations of our clients by providing them with staff and subcontractors that have the expertise and craftsmanship to create renovations that fulfill their dreams.
Salary commensurate with experience
Hours: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Monday thru Friday