HETS Online Journal welcomes new Chief Editor and Editorial Board Members.
We are glad to announce that HETS Board Members has appointed the new members of the HETS Online Journal (HOJ). Ms. Pamela A. Krauser Vargas, Executive Director of the Research Center at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania, was appointed as the new Chief Editor of the HOJ. Krauser Vargas has over 20 years of experience in research administration, and has been actively involved in the HOJ, since its inaugural issue on October 2010, as a member of its Editorial Board. Along with her, we will like to welcome and congratulate on their designation as members of the Editorial Board to:
- Dr. Marzie Jafari, Vice President , Workforce & Global Partnerships, Lehman College, CUNY
- Dr. Naydeen González De Jesús, Vice President, Student Affairs, Bergen Community College
- Prof. Ana Milena Lucumi, Vice President, Student Affairs, National University College
- Dr. Ernest Gil Clary, Assistant Provost for Faculty & Academic Administration, Kutztown University
- Mr. Sunil Gupta, Dean, Center for Continuing Education and Workforce Development, Borough of Manhattan Community College / CUNY
- Prof. Manuel Correa, Professor and Academic Coordinator of Berkeley College Noncredit International Program
- Mr. Carlos Guevara, Director, Office of Educational Technology, Hostos Community College
- Mr. Edgar González, Director of Distance Education Center for Online Learning and Teaching Technology (COLTT), University of Texas – Pan American
- Dr. Juan “Tito” Meléndez, Full professor, College of Education, University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus
- Dr. Carlos Morales, President, TCC Connect- Tarrant County College. Dr. Morales accepted to serve as editor for the HOJ for a second term.
- Prof. Pura Centeno, Coordinator of Technology Services and Information Literacy, Information Technology Center, Natural Sciences Faculty, University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus. Prof. Centeno also has been member of the Editorial Board since the inaugural issue and has accepted her appointment for a second term.
Editorial Board members of the HOJ are nominated among highly qualified collaborators of different areas along our members institutions. After approval, they are appointed by the HETS Board Members for a two year term. This is a volunteer service of this outstanding Editorial Board and we deeply appreciate it. HETS and its Board Members extend its sincere gratitude to Dr. Ivonne Chirino-Klevans (former Chief Editor), Dr. Howard Wach, Dr. Robert Whittaker, Dr. Carlos Morales and Ms. Alyson Vogel, former editorial board members, for years of service as the first group of editors of this peer reviewed journal. To our editorial board members; thank you for accepting the challenge of reviewing and selecting the articles among the many exciting submissions received. We would like to recognize the hard work, commitment and dedication of all of its members.
Since its third edition, the journal is being included in EBSCO Publishing’s databases. EBSCO Publishing caters to the information needs of researchers at every level by providing the content to bring the latest and best information to researchers. The HETS journal has been characterized because it addresses relevant topics impacting technology and Hispanic Students. It is peer-reviewed journal which is available not only online, but also it can be downloaded and printed. This fall the fifth edition of this journal will be published the last week of October 2014. For more information about the HETS Online Journal or read published articles go to: http://hets.org/journal/.