American University: Activity Director / Curriculum Specialist – Title V Project
Activity Director / Curriculum Specialist – Title V Project
The incumbent of this position is responsible for coordinating and implementing the ordinary activities of the Title V Project; including, but not limited to, supervising staff and leading all curriculum development efforts to ensure that each revised course meets all internal and external approval requirements.
II. Essential Functions
- Leads staff assuring timely completion of objectives and implementation of strategies.
- Directs and coordinate the daily activities facilitating timely completion and implementation of all related tasks.
- Assists faculty / staff with capacity building. Meaning that works with faculty to plan, develop, implement and redesign curriculum as necessary, including supplemental instruction curriculum, ensuring effective and efficient revision of course/curricula.
- Assists in institutionalizing Title V activity elements. Specifically, establishes and maintains effective communication and professional interpersonal relationships with other University departments and personnel, participates in faculty and staff evaluations, designs and delivers presentations and workshops, as related to the Project.
- Ensures new instructional modalities are responsive to students’ needs, in accordance with accrediting standards, and adhere to all curricular approval processes.
- Ensures effective use and evaluation of new instructional technology.
- Collects data, composes and reviews reports as needed or required.
- Executes various tasks as necessary or required by the Title V Project Director with to evaluate the Project and conduct performance reports.
III. Incidental Functions
- Keeps abreast of federal and local requirements to assure Project compliance.
- Coordinates, participates and leads meetings with other University members as appropriate or required.
- Designs, drafts and submits for corresponding approval documents directly related to the development, administration, monitoring and implementation of the Project.
- Other functions and responsibilities inherent to the position, as required.
IV. Minimum requirements of the position
- Master’s degree or higher in Education, curriculum development, or related field.
- At least three years of each administrative management and instructional experience.
- Experience in project and personnel management and evaluation.
- Minimum of three years instructional and curriculum design experience.
- Knowledge and expertise in instructional technology best practices.
- Excellent presentation, organization and leadership skills.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish), with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Teamwork oriented and ability to establish and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office(Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) and knowledge of applications used for Education.
- Ability to define,collect and analyze data to submit reports and make recommendations.
V. Physical activities and environmental conditions required by the position
- Walk and stand frequently.
- Remain seated frequently.
- Operate objects with hands and fingers often.
- Talk and attend public often.
- Use computers and office equipment frequently.
- Could occasionally travel by motor vehicle to, from and between the Bayamón Campus and the Manatí University Center.
The incumbent of this position is mainly exposed to environment corresponding to private offices with air conditioning, classrooms and conference rooms. He/she is not substantially exposed to known adverse or risky environmental or working conditions.
VI. Supervision level
The incumbent of this position does not supervise other personnel.
Note: This description is a general guide of functions inherent to the referred position. It does not constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities assigned to the incumbent thereof.
If you would like to be considered for this position please contact:
Wanda DeLeon, MBA
Director of Title V Project
American University of Puerto Rico
P.O.Box 2037, Bayamon, P.R. 00960
Ph. (787) 620-2040, ext. 1092
Fax. (787) 785-7377