2017-2021 Strategic Priorities
In order to accomplish its mission and advance towards its vision for 2020, HETS is centering its work on three major strategic areas: 1) Hispanic access to Higher Education, 2) student retention and successful completion, and 3) online learning and technology integration.
Core Strategic Areas
HETS aims to help member institutions enhance their recruitment efforts and increase Hispanics’ understanding about opportunities available to access and succeed in Higher Education.
- Retention and Successful Completion
HETS promotes the strategic use of technology to support, drive, and optimize retention and successful completion of Hispanic students at member institutions.
- Online Learning/ Technology Integration
Under this core area, HETS promotes and encourages the effective integration of online learning and technology innovation as means to support student access, retention, and successful completion, placing emphasis on quality teaching and learning and assessmen
- Foster and support the use of technology to facilitate access to Higher Education and overcome Hispanic barriers to education.
- Promote the meaningful use of technology resources and tools to enhance institutional effectiveness in promoting student success.
- Help member institutions enhance their capacity to increase retention of Hispanic students.
- Encourage and support the development, implementation, and dissemination of best practices in the integration of technology and education for the benefit of the academic community.
- Provide member institutions with the best access to information, activities, and resources to better prepare them to serve Hispanics.