Virtual HETS Best Practices Showcase 2017 – Call for Proposals
Home | Call for Proposals | Schedule | Showcase Tracks | HETS Board Meeting | Registration | Lodging/Hotel Reservations
Call for Proposals
Celebrating Innovation in Retention, Assessment, Internationalization and Placement to Promote Hispanic Student Success in Higher Education
February 9 – February 17, 2017
Thank you for your interest to submit a proposal; however submission period has ended for this Showcase.
Visit the Schedule section to learn more about the projects chosen to be showcased this year.
The Evaluation Committee evaluated submitted projects on the basis of the following criteria. Each area was rated on a scale from 1 to 7 (1= non-satisfactory; 7 =outstanding), for a maximum of 63 points.
- Level of innovation
- Meaningful use of technology – demonstrates not only how technologies were put in place but also how effectively those technologies were to achieving the goals in performance in online or traditional environments
- Demonstrated benefit to overall student success and institutional effectiveness
- Contribution to decision-making and improvement processes
- Usefulness and cost-effectiveness
- Use of specific examples, evidence, or indicators to demonstrate success
- Quality of the proposal
- Hispanic focus
- Lessons learned
2. Presentations of up to two presenters were considered. Allotted time for live presentation was 30 minutes for presentation and 10 minutes for participants’ questions. Allotted time for upload / asynchronous presentations was up to 30 minutes and participants’ questions were submitted online and sent by email to be replied.
Live online presentations:
The three highest scored presentations (one per track) were presented live upon speakers’ availability. Presentations were recorded and are accessible to all participants after the session. Presenter was responsible for complying with technical requirements and coordinating tests prior the presentation to guarantee proper connection to the HETS platform. These presentations were selected based on the evaluation scores.
Selected additional scored presentations besides the top three were made available for asynchronous viewing/access at the HETS website: www.hets.org. Presenter was responsible for recording a video in the format required, and uploaded with correspondent Power Point presentation. Participants’ questions were replied within a 48-hour period after posted. Presenters had access to the system to read and answer questions for the benefit of all participants.
Evaluation Committee members are selected from HETS Member Institutions, based on their expertise with the nominated track to validate their peers’ proposals.
To learn more about the conference topics go to: Showcase Tracks