Centered in its mission and the priorities identified for the next years, the HETS Consortium has delineated three main focus areas of work:
Access: Increase Hispanics’ access to higher education.
This strategic area focuses on increasing Hispanics’ access to Higher Education and achievement of a Higher Education degree. It seeks to enhance the potential of recruitment efforts and increase Hispanics’ understanding about opportunities available to access and succeed in Higher Education.
- Enhance the potential of recruitment efforts among member institutions.
- Increase Hispanics’ understanding about opportunities available to access and succeed in Higher Education.
Retention: Enhance the capacity of member institutions to increase Hispanic student retention.
This core strategic area aims at the promotion of the strategic use of technology to support, drive, and optimize the retention of Hispanic students at member institutions.
- Support, drive, and optimize the retention of Hispanic students at member institutions.
Assessment: Enhance members’ capacity to demonstrate accountability, quality, and effectiveness through innovative assessment approaches
Supporting member institutions in the establishment of a solid assessment culture and applying effective, efficient assessment techniques to demonstrate accomplishment of overall institutional goals and the achievement of learning success.
- Support members in establishing a solid assessment culture
- Support members in applying effective and efficient assessment techniques to demonstrate overall institutional goals and learning
- Promote effective development and implementation of assessment efforts through innovative, strategic use of technology